Welcome, I'm so happy you are here.
I'm Tanya. Postpartum Care Provider.
My desire is for all mothers to ease into motherhood
feeling supported, nourished and loved.
For mothers to have the spaciousness to slow down to the rhythm of her child(ren); to be able to tune into her own inner knowing, wisdom and guidance system for the answers; & to be able to tend to herself in a way that enables her to feel replenished and well so to carry forth her sacred work as mother, whilst offering her own unique gift as woman in this world. Ultimately, for her postpartum period to be held with reverence and care so that she can emerge rejuvenated and thriving – physically, emotionally, mentally & spiritually.
What do I offer?
As a postpartum doula I ‘hold’ the mother as the centre of her family. My nurturing, compassionate and honouring nature offers you a holistic postpartum experience, tending to your physical, emotional and spiritual bodies.
I offer postpartum planning and preparation sessions, either on their own and in conjunction with postpartum support packages. These sessions are educational, informative and explore your specific circumstances to bring the most nourishment possible.
During in-home postpartum visits:
+ I can offer you nourishing meals & teas – which are perfect for the newborn mothers physiology rooted in TCM and Ayurvedic tradition.
+ I can offer you warming practices and ritual.
+ I can offer light house duties, including laundry, dishes, bedding, and general tiding up.
+ I can offer you informational support as needed around breastfeeding, maternal wellness and infant care, and can refer to other specialised practitioners as required.
May you feel NURTURED, NOURISHED, HELD & HEARD
“When we as a society begin to value mothers as the givers and supporters of life, then we will see social change in ways that matter.” – Ina May Gaskin
I acknowledge sometimes it can feel helpful to know the background of the care providers you choose, which is why I have chosen to list these below.
In conjunction to my own lived experiences as mother and woman.
- Over 15 years as a Registered Nurse with a keen interest in alternative therapies and healing modalities.
- 350HR Women's Yoga Teacher Training with Higher States of Yoga (2023)
- Newborn Mothers Breastfeeding Professional (2023)
- Certified INNATE Postpartum Care Practitioner (2021)
- Sacred Mama Circles Facilitator with Maria Golding and the School of Intuitive Motherhood (2020)
- Postpartum Doula through Newborn Mothers Collective with Julia Jones (2018)
- Birth and Postpartum Doula through the Australian Doula College (2017)